http://ncef.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/NCEF_L0011.png 0 0 admin http://ncef.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/NCEF_L0011.png admin2015-04-13 06:49:562015-04-13 06:49:56Community Energy Grants
The recent OEH community energy grants were a big win for our region – eight out of 19 NSW funded projects in the Northern Rivers or nearby!
- Repower Coffs: Opening up the cost benefits of rooftop solar to low income renters with the aim of installing 80kW of solar PV on up to 45 dwellings by end 2016.
- Community Owned Renewable Energy Mullumbimby COREM: Developing a 75kW PV system in partnership with the local council, along with a social feasibility program to ensure effective community engagement.
- Energy for Ever Port Macquarie: Developing a 70-100kW community-owned solar farm that generates revenue to fund further community energy projects through an annual grants program
- Lismore Community Solar Farms ‘Farming the Sun’: Developing two 100kW solar farms through community investment and administration in partnership with the local council
- Northern Rivers Community Bio Hubs: Developing a small-scale bio-gas project in a local dairy to create a business model for further development of two community-owned bio-hubs.
- New England Wind (sort of our region!): Establishing NSW’s first community-owned wind farm, with a 10MW capacity, led by a consortium of community and professional organisations.
- Community Run of Rivers Hydros Dorrigo: quantifying the hydroelectric potential of the Dorrigo Plateau and providing project development pathways and ownership models to benefit the local community.
- Tyalgum Energy Project: Establishing a community led and managed cooperative for the development of a wholly community-owned project to take the entire town off the grid.
More information about these from Renewable Energy Coordinator Lauren Zell on 0455 097 886