The Coalition for Community Energy, the national peak body for community energy groups, is growing at a great rate.
Nine new steering groups members have just been elected by the community groups which make up the coalition:
- Gareth Johnston, Catholic Earthcare Australia
- Bruce Thompson, Moreland Energy Foundation
- Paul Cruickshank, NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
- Taryn Lane, Embark
- Eve Fisher, Surf Coast Shire Council
- Craig Memery, Alternative Technology Association (ATA)
- Ed Langham, Institute of Sustainable Futures at UTS (ISF)
- James Grugeon, GetUp
- Christina Kirsch, Clear Sky Investments
The focus of C4CE is on supporting community renewable projects and on lobbying for policy changes to make these viable.
To find out more: http://c4ce.net.au